Monday, August 31, 2015

Week 49, August 24, 2015 Lovelock!


How is Lovelock?
Lovelock is good!  its the biggest town in the county, and we cover most of the county with our ward.  its a tiny little cute town.  smaller than Ely, but because its on a main highway, there are more things (actually about the same number of things)

How was your transfer experience?
well, on Monday we had to move the Elders into our house, adn the 4 of us into the house that only 2 elders were living in.  so that was kinda crazy.

I know it was a long van ride,
yes.  its was 3 hours that I drove, to Elko, then 5 hours to reno on the transfer van, then we spent the night, and it was another 2 hours back to lovelock!

and hopefully you made it without any incident.
yes, we made it safely. :)

How and whom is your new companion and area?
my companion is Sister Liddle, and EVERYONE loves our names together.  its pretty funny.  there is not a whole lot in most of the ward, because we are in the middle of a dessert, but I like town, its ADORABLE.  I'm excited to explore though.  I've only been here since Thursday and we did planning all day that day.

Where do you live and what is it like?
we live in an apartment, and its like most apartments.  little, but we try to keep it clean.  :)

How is the ward compared to other places you have been?
all of my areas have been very different, but I am starting to see that elements of all the wards I have served in kind of flow together.  its pretty cool, because tyou can see how the gospel really is the same everywhere

do you get to use your Spanish now again?
I use it now more than I did in Ely, but not very much still.

Does your companion speak Spanish or just English?
she just speaks english, but she is learning! :D
I got this quote today and thought I would share it because it is AWESOME!

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called."
I love you, and I hope to be able to have more stories this week.  :)  Burning man is coming up soon, so that should be an interesting experience. (that I am planning on staying VERY far away from)
~Hermana Riddle

The one stoplight in the county!

No comments:

Post a Comment