Monday, September 29, 2014

Wow, it's been a month!


WOW!! I can't believe its only been a month since I was set apart.  IT FEELS LIKE FOREVER AGO!!
 
Monday we had p-day, and I finally unpacked everything.  There is SO MUCH smoke here.  I forgot to mention that.  the first week there were fires in California, so, there's smoke sometimes.  on Monday it was really bad.

Tuesday we had district meeting.  we talked about joseph smith, and we watched a video on elder Holland's testimony of the Book of Mormon.  we had lunch with Hermana Lopez, los Elderes (Corado y Arellano), the Elders (Christensen and Jetton), and the Zone leaders (Williamson and Twitchell).  4 of them don't speak Spanish, so that was fun.  then I had my first interview in the field with president and sister Hermansen.  they are super nice.  we taught Filemon and he is trying to stop smoking on his own! :)  then we went to read scriptures with Diana and her friends.  she thinks I'm super cute. :3  that's what I think of her too.  I love when she prays for "the mormon girls that take us to church, and knock us in the door"

Wednesday we had a service project all morning.  it was kinda cool, cause we were working alongside about half the mission.  we cleared trees, picked up trash, and removed graffiti from a huge park.  we ended up studying most of the evening, because we didn't get a chance to in the morning, and no one was home for appointments

Thursday we had a very full day of proselyting.  we had weekly planning all morning, but now that I know our investigators better, It was a lot more productive for me.  we contacted a bunch of less actives that stopped talking to the missionaries last transfer.  then we taught Filemon again.  he still has doubts, but the only way to resolve those is if he goes to church and gets baptized.  Then we visited with Marcelo, and then with Stefani, to talk to her about patriarchal blessings.

Friday we did a lot of stuff.  I had to do an online segment of adjusting to missionary life, we had to get the oil changed in the car, and a lot of studying.  finally we went to teach Yasmina,.  when Diana came home, we asked her if she wanted to get baptized.  we told her she could get baptized in 2 weeks, and she is pretty excited about that.  then we tried to contact some potentials, but we ended up just visiting with less actives.  we went with Alvaro to teach Nelson and his kids, and they all want to be baptized.  then we went to Ernesto's house, and his whole family was having a fish fry.  Hermana Simmons and I split a whole tilapia.  I got the HEAD.  yes, I'm in Nevada, but I ate a fish head.... somewhat.

Saturday the grandkids were over, so that was interesting.  they were really excited about us.  I looked out of our door, and the little girl ran to grandma and said "I saw a missionary!!!"  in the afternoon we taught Diana and Helen the Restoration, and then they came to a baptism with us to watch.  They loved it.  Helen kinda wants to get baptized too now.  then we took them with us to watch the women's broadcast, since they are old enough, and they liked it, but not as much as the baptism.  but they had ice cream after, so that kinda made up for it.  

Sunday we had church, and we went to classes with the Spanish speaking group. I enjoyed church much better than I did when I was little, cause I actually understand what people are saying now.  Sacrament meeting is in Spanish through translation that a few members do (through headphones).  then we had a missionary meeting, where we went through the directory, and learned about each family.  we had a hard time finding people this Sunday, but we contacted a potential with Jessica (a Spanish speaking RM), and visited with Diana, and taught her about the Plan of Salvation.  Her dad is concerned about her decision, since she is only 8, but I can tell she has a testimony.  

That's it for this week.  I will have been out on my mission (MTC included) for 1 month this Friday, but I was set apart a month ago today.

No comments:

Post a Comment