Monday, November 24, 2014

Week 10, November 24,2014


This week, I did a lot, and I honestly don't remember half of it.  so I am going to write more about what I learned each day of the week, instead of what I did.
Monday:  we talked to an investigator that came to the baptism.  we talked about the spirit that was there, and our member just continued to help fellowship her.  that is a key aspect of the gospel.  loving others is so important.  without that love, we are not the disciples of Christ that we commit to be when we are baptized.
Tuesday: ZONE CONFERENCE!
this day was amazing.  we sat in meetings all day with our mission president and all the people that work in the mission office.  there are a lot of missionaries returning home this next transfer, and it was really emotional for them.  our mission president also showed us the death crawl video our zone leaders showed us a few weeks ago.  every time I watch that clip I learn a little more and I always get emotional.  it is amazing what we can do if we set our goal high, and rely on our heart and faith.  also here is a good quote from zone conference:
When you face adversity, you know you are doing something right
after zone conference, I reflected about what I learned, and as I began to apply it to myself, I learned a lot about myself.  I learned what I need to do to be better as a missionary and in life in general.  this time is not for you to be the best, but it is for you to do your best
Wednesday was really slow we had district meeting, because we didn't have it on Tuesday due to zone conference.  I learned a lot about helping people that day though.  we taught some less actives about always doing what we need to do in order to receive blessings from the lord.
Thursday was good.  we had weekly planning, and as a companionship we learned how to listen to each other.  we also were able to teach a few people.  our investigator, we taught then about the gospel of Jesus Christ, with a focus on the gift of the holy ghost and how that differs from impressions of the spirit.  we also taught a less active about coming unto Christ and being perfected in him.  Finally we taught our recent convert about temples, and what he needs to do to get to that point.  it is amazing to see these people come unto Christ in their own time.
Friday we taught a few lessons, we read the Book of Mormon with a few people, and planned more lessons.  we talked about temples some more, and I realized I knew more about the importance of temples than I ever did before.  teaching really does help you learn better.  after that we visited Rex.  it was a very powerful lesson.  he told us about his grandfather, and it was very personal and inspiring.  we taught him about the plan of salvation and how proud his grandfather is that he is changing.  he wanted me to say the closing prayer, but I asked him to say it instead.  he did, and it was the most powerful spirit as he prayed and for a good 5 minutes after.  it is a privilege for me to be able to watch the spirit work in him, and to watch him change his own life (even if he tells us that we are making him change).
Saturday we had a hard time, and I learned the importance of following spiritual promptings.  it was a hard day for lessons, but we went around and invited people to our noche de hogar for the Spanish group, and we were able to have a lot of people show up.  it turned into a great night.
Sunday we had ward council before church, and we were able to help the ward come together and see how much we need them.  they could see how much members and the ward council are important to missionaries.  after 4 hours of church (1 English, 3 Spanish)  we had a few more meetings with our ward mission leader and Spanish group[p leader, so we were only able to teach a few lessons.  we saw Rex again, and even extended an invitation to be baptized when he came to the knowledge of the importance of it, and he said when he felt like he was ready he would.  that was really powerful to me.  A testimony that PEOPLE CAN CHANGE, but only if they have that desire to change.
I just wanted to end by saying that I LOVE each and every one of you, and I want you to know that I pray for you.
until next week!

~Hermana Riddle
Moroni 10:32:
Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment