Monday, December 8, 2014

Week 12- One Word- Transfers


Best Companionship Ever!
Missionaries with Santa

Cutest little girl!
Monday:  p- day, the usual

Tuesday: district meeting (apparently every ward has a ward mission plan.  if you want to be a better missionary, you should look that up, and help your ward out!! :) )  several missionaries are leaving this transfer, so we signed transfer journals. other than that it was a typical day

Wednesday: lots of lessons

Thursday: sister Simmons got sick, so I played the piano in order to be able to play in church on Sunday.  we also taught our recent convert.  he gave each of us a present.  that was really cool, cause he had never given anyone a Christmas present before.

Friday:  went around inviting everyone to the Christmas Party this weekend
Saturday: helped out with the Latino Christmas Party.  we had a really good turnout.  It was stake wide, so we had twice as many People as usual show up.  Sister Simmons was stressed in anticipation for a transfer notification, which didn't come until nighttime.  She read the message, and looked at me (i was across the room)  and she said: "I'm staying"  which meant I was leaving.  no one expected that!!  when Spanish sisters come to Carson City they stay forever, but apparently I'm the exception to the rule.
Sunday was church, and it was fast and testimony meeting, with Spanish sacrament meeting.  it was really emotional and spiritual.  I bore my testimony of how much the mission changes the missionary.  I compared my testimony to my ability to play piano or speak in church in Spanish (because I gave a talk and had to play spontaneously the first Sunday of Spanish sacrament meeting.)  I could only play with one finger, but now I can play some songs with both hands.  it is amazing what can happen when you rely on the Lord with all your heart, might mind and strength.  (I've had that verse memorized for as long as I can remember, but I only found out this past month that it is from Doctrine and Covenants 4.  the missionary section.)
Later that night, we got the official call from our zone leader telling me where I was moving to.  I am going to the Reno North zone, as a junior companion, and I'm covering 2 wards.  most likely, I'll also be in English.

I am really excited to be going to North Reno this transfer. I don't know what it will be like going English, but it will be a good experience. we were in shock when we found out I would be the one moving, but I think in my heart I saw it coming. I was really sad, and I still am, because I'm leaving behind a lot of great people, but I have realized that it will be a great experience for me, and that the Lord needs me to help people in another place, in another language.
Para Siempre Dios Este Con Vos!!!  y nos vemos la proxima semana!!!!!
~Hermana Riddle

#ComparteLaDádiva
#ShareTheGift

No comments:

Post a Comment